fredag 9 november 2007

Choice and consequence

I did not go to class tonight. I didn't go last week either. I have a philosophy. Every day in our life is a series of choices, and every choice has consequences. As a thoughtful, engaged person, it it is one's own responsibility to consider those choices and consequences and whether you are willing to live with them. Not going to class might have some bad consequences, e.g. guilt feelings, doing poorly in the class and being embarrassed for myself, making my group partner angry, etc. However, I am prepared to live with those in exchange for not having to go sit through a marketing class on a cold cold rainy night. Instead I got to come home and change into warm clothes and eat a delicious dinner and hang out with my roommates and make some yummy kasha-eggplant-tomato wonder for lunch tomorrow and then watch the Office. See, those are good consequences.

Inga kommentarer: