So I've been watching a lot of trashy tv lately, mostly in the form of Wife Swap and Trading Spouses. You'd think this would be a bad thing, but really I'm learning a lot. The best characters on these shows are the ones who are the most firm and unwavering in their beliefs, the ones who take themselves most seriously and think they have everything figured out down to a nail. They are the ones who make the "best" drama, and come off the worst. Watching these people is a good reminder never to become too certain of my own wisdom.
Last night I dreamt I was running late for work because I had nothing to wear, so I decided to get up this morning after pressing snooze only once, in case I took a long time to get dressed. As a consequence, I was twenty minutes early for work and decided to detour to Bulldog coffee, this place I love and work so close to, but never stop in at. It's on a cool, leafy side street and it just felt so nice and civilized to walk back there, order an espresso in this little place, and sit down to drink it and read Bonjour Tristesse until it was time to go to work.
And after my other long dream, nothing. I thought I would find myself thinking about it as I went to bed that night, but I haven't at all. I was wondering if this would be the last time I would think about it. My thoughts were so intense, it seems to have been a moment of intense scrutiny, the kind you have right before you put it all away for good.
Inga kommentarer:
Skicka en kommentar