This happened a week or two ago, but it was so good that it's worth writing about it now. I was waiting to hear back from school, the one I really wanted to get into. It was already the beginning of june and I had been obsessively checking their website, where they post your application status, every day for weeks. When I say every day, I mean three times a day or so. By this point I was starting to seriously picture what would happen if none of my applications were accepted. I had no other plans besides school in fall. I started to imagine being stuck in this crummy office even longer, and it was a puke-provoking thought.
Finally I called them and the girl I spoke to said she would put a priority on my application and send it to be reviewed, and that it would be ready within seven days. Within seven days must mean that it would be ready on the seventh day, so I resolved not to bother checking it until then. And I didn't, for a couple of days. But then, at work on Friday morning I was in a bit of a daze, not paying much attention at all to anything, and I happened to click on the link to the school website. Overnight, "Accepted" had appeared in lovely red letters next to two of my three choices (nevermind, film is impossible to get in to). I realised then what a daze I'd been in. I was jolted upright and without thinking spat out "what the hell!" Then immediately closed the window and appologized to my coworkers so they wouldn't ask me what was up. I ran out to the front and jumped up and down in front of my good co-worker (the one who knows I'm going, and knows how it's been waiting for a response) and hissed "I got accepted to York!". I realised my hands were shaking and I was nearly tearing up. We went around the corner of the room to talk in private and he shook my hand and I jumped up and down. I looked around the room and realised that it was all over. Soon I would no longer have to stare at these same walls, walk down these same damn corridors ever again. And I realised how badly I've wanted to go. Thrilling, I tell you, thrilling!
Inga kommentarer:
Skicka en kommentar