Mmm what a good weekend. I love Halowe'en and I love Lennoxville and I loved our Roommate Reunion. And I loved dressing up and drinking and dancing and dancing. It was definitely a lot of what I needed- that is to say, a lot of fun and wild abandon. And a lot of poutine. Not enough boys though.
I miss my lady love so much. I wish this summer could have lasted forever. I miss having that one best friend who you go to for everything and talk to on the phone all the time and want to tell everything to and do everything with. I don't really have that any more and I don't know that I will again.
Another thing that I miss is Montreal. We drove through it there and back and just to look at it is so nice. It looks to me like everything is in its just right place and that I have never left. In fact it's a year ago today that I moved. One year ago it was Saturday morning and I got up off the floor of my bedroom, where I had slept on my coat, and took my suitcase, my guitar and my cat and got in a cab to the train station. It was before six a.m. and I was taking the 6.55 train. I walked all through my apartment and locked the door for the last time (I still have the keys) and walked down the two sets of stairs and looked at myself in the hall mirrors and went out into the morning. I checked my cat and bought Paris Vogue and a Paolo Cohelo novel (Onze minutes) and got on the train. I felt very romantic getting out in Toronto with my guitar and french novel and black coat and little black rolling suitcase. I was met by Jody and Craig, which was really wonderful. I was so happy to see them and hugged them so so hard and then we left and got in the car and drove home. I think it was spitting rain in Toronto and Jody carried the cat. I was dragging my suitcase which was very heavy because it had my laptop in it.

I was really happy to be in Toronto. We went shopping at No Frills for fajita ingredients and cat food. I was so excited to be living near them both. That night Craig and I slept in Ashley's bed and felt so relieved to finally be together. On Monday morning the Globe & Mail came to my new door and I would read it standing on the porch in no pants, smoking. A few days later I went shopping for new Toronto clothes and started talking to my headhunter about job interviews. I just loved the headhunter.
I'm so glad I came to Toronto. This year has been so good. Given the chance I don't know if I will go back to Montreal. I just don't know how you can be so attached to a place. I might suppose most of my Montreal-love has to do more with the time that I spent there and the time in my life than with the city itself. And yet, I really do have such an attachment to the physicality of Montreal. I love everything about it. The mountain, the buildings, the metro, the rusty street signs. I got a bit tired because I felt like everyone that came to Montreal was in a certain mindset, looking for things that maybe I wasn't. But now I feel like I am in that place, too, again.
Inga kommentarer:
Skicka en kommentar