If only there were some way to really experience going to the movies during the studio era. I always imagine what it would be like, from getting properly dressed and going to the movie palace, then the shorts, the newsreels, the features, the intermission. I just love the idea of spending a couple of hours there, of films as an event with surrounding rituals and experience. Traces of that remain, of course, but it's not nearly the same. I suppose you could say it's gone downhill since the '20s and the end of presentation-cinema. I always think that nowdays going to (most) theatres to see a film is a frustrating, crowded, busy uninspiring experience, not to mention newsreels and shorts replaced by ads. I suppose crowds pose the same frustrations no matter the era, but I do think they would have been less bothersome back then. People had different manners, ones that, for the most part, appeal to me. Maybe I wouldn't mind so much if current people dressed more entertainingly.
I really am stuck in the early 20C these days. I would like to write a book on some part of this period.

DSLRs are on sale at Black's until sunday. I want, I want, I want. SIGH.
Inga kommentarer:
Skicka en kommentar