We rented Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day on Sunday evening, another book I'd just finished, so I did complete my book-movie set. I definitely rented Pettigrew for the costumes, and it was worth it, especially this one: 
It's awfully interesting to see how film makers interpret the book, keeping the story the same and coming to the same conclusions (usually) but taking liberties with the plot along the way. I like what they did with Brideshead, although the themes were hammered out rather more forcefully than they were in the book.
By the way, York, why didn't you take me for film?!?!? I love it most of all! I wonder if I can switch my major now that I'm already in there?
I am presently enmeshed in the early 20th century, at any rate. It is my period of the moment. I love everything: the clothes, the architecture, the manners, the thoughts. I tend to love books from the '20s and '30s no matter what. Am now reading The Age of Innocence, which takes place in about the 1870s, but was written in the '20s.
Anyway. Afternoon films are absolutely one of the very best parts of being a student. The music that rolls with the credits of Brideshead is a violin piece, unusually beautiful, so much that I almost couldn't bring myself to go through the theatre doors until it was over. Going out into the bright windy cool evening with the sun setting was the perfect thing.
I wore my "collegiate sweater" today and was quite pleased with it.
Inga kommentarer:
Skicka en kommentar