Knit knit knit today. I went to the store for some needles to make a hat and naturally came away with two new yarns. It is impossible to resist! So now I'll have two hats, which is really not an extravagant thing at all, and a new pair of (very expensive) socks. But enough of that.
School started, and I love it! I love bundling up my little notebooks and heading out early in the morning for the bus, getting a coffee from the Portuguese bakery on my way, wandering along green paths all over campus in search of my buildings. It feels just right. I love that I am the only one in my French class who can speak half-decently, and I'm not even going to pretend otherwise.
Speaking of. Any time I start to complain and bother over having left Montreal, which is often, let me just remember that this summer, within the space of a month and a half, I encountered both Robert Plant and Jimmy Page. That would never ever have happened there. It's amazing. I can't hardly believe we really crashed a party at TIFF, and were at a party with Jimmy Page! I can't believe I imitated a girl from the Globe and Mail on the phone in order to find out where the party was! I can hardly believe I stood not three feet from the greatest guitarist of my favourite band ever in the world and shouted that I loved him!
More on this later, and on the party itself, and the uhh... interesting experience of standing in the gutter outside a swank hotel while the monied guests made their way into the gutter before the party. But tonight, I am deadly tired. And my day is pretty long tomorrow. I'm just going to gaze adoringly at my snagged guest pass for the party for a while and then drift off.
Inga kommentarer:
Skicka en kommentar