
-Walking on frozen-over lakes
-When you are outside and look up just at the moment snow starts to fall. This is, perhaps, best appreciated in December rather than March, but for me it never loses its charm
-Napping early in the afternoon.
-In principle, I am a vegetarian. I don't buy meat at the store, I tell people I'm a vegetarian, I take the meatless option on airplanes and at dinners. But I adore hamburgers. They're my great weakness.
-fabric stores
-James Taylor (there's a part of me that's about 50 years old, hiding in there somewhere, listening to James Taylor and mooning)
-matzo brei. Here's a recipe. It's hard to recreate in Sweden.
-being joined by Joakim after going to bed alone. Fitting myself in between his arms and falling back asleep.
-a hot water bottle on a cold night.
-raspberries.

9 saker jag tycker mindre om - 9 things I like rather less
- trying to find matzah in Sweden
-getting out of the shower or bath. Being in there is lovely, but climbing out all damp and chilly is one of the worst things I know.
-take-out coffee cups with leaky lids, and no matter what I do, how tightly I try to put the lid on, they drip scalding little splashes of coffee over my hands all the way to work
-cold, tasteless winter tomatoes
-boarding trains while carrying suitcases. I always think a porter will come up behind me and tell me I should be ashamed for packing so much more than I can carry
-graffiti on lovely buildings. It's not so much the graffiti itself I mind, it's just that if it doesn't work with the building, if the building is lovely and pastel-coloured, for example, I think the graffiti ought to go somewhere else.
-when I think there is one sip left in the glass, one chip left in the bag, one more square of chocolate - and then it's not there after all
-library fines.
-pulling the receipt from an ATM. Awful sound.
8 bloggar jag läser - 8 blogs I read
Clara
niotillfem
Emily Dahl
soule mama
a clock without hands (this was my favourite blog for ages, not really updated anymore, but thankfully with archives intact)
the girl who married a bear
posie gets cozy
Elsa

7 saker jag vill göra i framtiden - 7 things I want to do in the future
-live in Paris
-speak perfect Swedish - or at least stop worrying about, and feeling self-conscious of, my grammatical mistakes, my accent, everything.
-go to Argentina and Japan
-have a horse
-learn to play the banjo
-live in New York for just a while
-write a whole book.
6 saker jag är rädd för - things I'm scared of
-in my waking hours I am not afraid of spiders, but sometimes I wake half-way up in the night and believe that all shadows are giant spiders, dangling over my bed, and then I'm just terrified.
-global warming
-children and very small animals - I like them but I'm afraid I will stumble and step on them. I'm awfully clumsy.
-getting so old that I don't know who I am anymore.
-that I never will be perfect in Swedish, or any other language besides English
-tuberculosis. this one is rather irrational but as a child I consumed a steady diet of Victorian literature and the fear of becoming consumptive has rather stuck with me.
5 platser jag tycker om att vara på - 5 places I like to be
-relaxing/hiding/reading/napping in the stacks at Scott Library at York University, in Toronto. At the end of my first year at York I was having a terrible time with my roommate and spent as long as I possibly could at school, mostly in the library, tucked into a corner on the third floor where hardly anyone went, beside books on Buddhism and with my bag for a pillow against the radiator.
-in Ekonomikumparken on Valborg, sharing a blanket and a bottle of champagne and a basket of strawberries at ten in the morning or so
-in the middle of Uppsala, surrounded by pastel-coloured 18th century architecture, with a view of the pink castle and the cathedral and the trees over the river.
-in a basement pub with friends, two beers in.
-in New York, around W 80th and Broadway, where all the restaurants are Kosher and all the buildings are of beautiful brown brick with enticing stairwells and moss on the sidewalks, where you walk and walk and can't believe how normal yet mystifying it is that here you are on Broadway, here you are on Amsterdam Avenue, eating a bagel like it's no thing.
4 ord som beskriver mig - 4 words that describe me
-independent
-loud
-happy
-imaginative

3 saker jag ser fram emot - 3 things I'm looking forward to
-finding wild strawberries in summer
-taking a long, long bike ride out to the lake
-five good friends arriving from Germany for a visit in just two weeks!

2 bra filmer - 2 good movies
-Our Idiot Brother
-The Royal Tenenbaums
1 bra låt - 1 good song
-The Bel-Aire Girls – Tonight You Belong To Me
listan har jag hittat via den fina niotillfem och hannapee
1, 2, 3 , 4 ,5
Inga kommentarer:
Skicka en kommentar